Applications are now open for the following positions:
- Academic Review Board Manager
- Media Manager
Want to know more about the positions?
Our Editors ensure that the PILJNZ continues to meet its high editorial standards. The editorial board is broadly divided into two roles: senior editors and sub-editors.
Senior editing is divided into:
(a) Style and argument; and
(b) Research and citations.
Sub-editing is divided into:
(a) Research; and
No prior editing experience is required and both senior and junior students are encouraged to apply. Editors working on other law journals are also encouraged to apply. You can choose to do your editing over the inter-semester break or in semester two.
An editorial role can be jointly held with the Academic Review Board Manager or Media Manager role.
- Our Academic Review Board Manager liaises with the academics on the Academic Review Board during the article selection process. Applicants for this role should get their applications in as soon as possible. The role will require work during the latter half of semester 1 and the inter-semester break. The work is completed over email and the ideal candidate will have excellent written communication skills, email etiquette and some administrative ability. The ARBM role is open to editors.
- Our Media Manager is responsible for maintenance of the website and Facebook page as well as online and print marketing for the Journal. They are also responsible for raising awareness of the Journal in community law centres, legal organisations and non-profit groups. Preference will be given to applicants who are available until Issue 4 is published in its entirety (around April 2018).
To apply for one or more of the positions, please email the following to email@example.com with the subject heading “Editor Application [your name]”:
- A completed Application Form
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- Your unofficial academic transcript
- A piece of your legal writing (optional)
If you have any questions, please get in touch with the Editors-in-Chief at the email address above.
We look forward to receiving your application soon.